1. The evening before...place in blender & blend at high speed 2 minutes or until smooth:
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk (I use raw buttermilk leftover after I make butter, but have used thinned yogurt or kefir too)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (we like the tiny bit of flavor the extra virgin adds but the expeller pressed also works if you don't want added flavor)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
2. Add 3 eggs & blend thoroughly. The mixture will probably be fairly thick, you may need to break it up with a spatula somewhat before blending.
3. Mix in thoroughly, but briefly, using blender and/or a rubber spatula as needed:
- 2 tbsp sucanat (optional, but we always add it)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
**Be sure to visit my Kitchen page for my entire "Scoop on Grains" series and more healthy grain recipes!**
Head over the The Food Renegade for more Fight Back Friday recipes and tips.